Recipe Celeriac Pappardelle With Spinach And Strawberries
Just like our mental health, good nutrition also plays an important role in maintaining our physical health. For example, the main ingredient of this pappardelle, celeriac, is a source of vitamin K, vitamin B6 and phosphorus. This perhaps not so 'sexy' vegetable contains vitamins and fiber that help to keep the blood vessels clean. This celeriac pappardelle recipe with spinach and strawberries is not only very tasty, but also very healthy. Juice fasting or taking a detox cure can also be done with a healthy meal!
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 lemon, halved
- 450 gr celeriac
- 70 g raw whole almonds, toasted
- seeds of 1 medium pomegranate
- fresh strawberries
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp. pure maple or agave syrup
- pinch of sea salt
Method of preparation
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Then remove them from the pan and let them cool.
- Squeeze one of the lemon halves over a medium bowl of cold water. Next, peel the gnarled skin from the celeriac, trying not to cut too much of the flesh. Cut the celeriac horizontally into 1 centimeter thick slices. Cut these slices with a mandoline into wafer-thin ribbons. Then put the ribbons in the lemon water to prevent them from discoloring.
- Coarsely chop the almonds and parsley and place in a large bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds and cumin seeds. Then drain the celeriac ribbons and add them to the bowl as well.
- Wash the strawberries and add them to the bowl along with the spinach. Peel and pit the avocado and then add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients as well.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon half and put 1 tablespoon of the juice in a separate bowl. Then whisk in the olive oil, maple syrup, orange blossom water and salt.
- Then pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad, season it with extra sea salt if necessary and serve the celeriac pappardelle!